Saturday, November 14, 2009

3rd Time's The Charm???

Third time for starting this blog!! I started it at about 5am....

The little bunny!!

My huge Aloe Vera plant from my mom.. Its almost doubled in size since I got it!! I need to re-pot it and put the babies in their own planter. This is on top of my PC desk for the winter...
Some of the flooding affects between our house and my parents.. This is a creek the girls have played in and were that massive pile of stuff is my oldest daughter can stand with her head level to the bridge.. She is 5'7".. There are some huge logs caught up in there..

Goat Hineys... My blogger Friend, Tree at http://treeocean.blogspot.com/ said I made taking goat pictures look easy... Well this is one that they turned right at the moment when I hit the button..

This one Ethel, the red and white goat took off running at the last second..Looking through my pics I found this one.. With her tongue sticking out!!Lol Another one where Mariah moved her head all of the sudden..Cotton the proud daddy!

Dot with a second litter due any time around the 17th! Three of the goat girls came back in heat so I am hoping they settled this time. I was thinking about my goats the other day... Yeah that's a shocker I know!Lol But All of my goats are related to someone else in the herd.. The 3 youngers have the same sire so they are all half Sisters. Then Sunshine and Van are Mother and son... April and Hope are mother and daughter as is Dottie and Ethel.. Of course the only one not related and he wont be staying is Brown Bear. I will probably keep one of his girls this year. I am thinking of keeping a total of 10 does. That would bring my number of does up to 9.. So I may possibly keep 2. I would like to keep one of Sunshine's girls too. If she has does.. Which she has always had at least one doe.. SO we will see!

We joined Netflix a while back since we moved out here.. At first I was thinking it may not be worth it.. Then we discovered they had all kinds of National Geographic and History Channel stuff! Alot that you cant find in a regular video store.. We have got a serious list going on...Lol

Oh Good news on the chickens!!! I got an egg today!! After 2 weeks of nothing Some little hen graciously laid an egg! I just got 5 dozen for for baking for Thanksgiving!! Lol Ain't that the way it goes??

13 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Hooray for the eggs! :) I so need to get some of those bunnies...they are so adorable! Do you guys sell them? I am so jealous of the aloe vera! I have tried to grow them in the past and I always kill them. What is your secret? :)

~Tonia said...

Yep we sell the bunnies! This little one is a mix though of a small Holland lop and a Dwarf hotot. but its a littler of the Dwarf Hotot that is due next week.
On the Aloe a secret.. Hmm My mom started it I basically try to remember to water it once a week since its insid enad dry in here and it doesnt like full sun it starts turning funny colors. SO outside it sits in the shade of the porch post. That is when it started going crazy!!

~Tonia said...

Litter Not Littler!! Spelling isnt all that great tonight!Lol

Gail said...

Your bunnies are so adorable. Looks like some one put eye liner around their eyes.

TJ said...

We had the same thing happen with the eggs last month. I had a hard time finding someone to take the store bought ones! We didn't realize we were 'egg snobs' until we tasted the store-bought ones after having fresh eggs after so long.

We agree about NetFlix! We are watching "Liberty" right now. If you are studying American History, you might want that on your list, too.

~Tonia said...

We just love these little bunnies!!
TJ that gave me a whole new List!!Lol
We are egg snobs too! I am only using them for baking and such but they still gross me out!!Lol
All my chickens molting at once What were they thinking???

tree ocean said...

Hineys lol love that word! But of course Van the rock star gave you a pose...

Hope all your does take- that is good not to have all at once I guess! I can't remember how long BB has been there-maybe just missed those three? Can't wait to see the babies-is it too early to start squeezing? hahaha

I love Ethel's colors pretty goat and they all look good! Glad to hear you are getting eggs again!

PS one of the white roosters we gave away came home to roost yesterday!

Anke said...

I am so jealous of your aloe plant. I had bought one a few years ago and it did really well - until I put it outside. And it rained and rained and then rained some more... It turned the aloe into mush and I couldn't save it. I've been looking for another one, but so far without any luck.

Feral Female said...

Great pictures as usual! You`re bunnies are too cute! Congrats on the egg as well! =)

~Tonia said...

LOL Tree!! He didnt want to leave huh?
Thank You Feral Female!!
Anke I almost did the same thing with this one when I first got it.. thought I would sit it outside and let it get sun.. It started turning a reddish color so I put it in the shade on the porcha nd it came out of it real quick. Another thing they can be over watered. I water it once a week to 10 days...

Mary said...

Congrats on the egg! I bet you will see many more now.

Your goats are beautiful. I especially love the colors on the lamancha (black, brown on bottom, spots).

Have a wonderful day!

~Tonia said...

Thank You!! Thats not a Lamancha Mary..Lol Her ears are standing out from her head because she is getting ready to run... That is My Nubian/Boer cross Dottie. She is Ethel's mom the red and white spotted goat. She is my oo so skinny goat at 200lbs!Haha.. The only Lamanchas are the little ones. They aren't so little anymore.. They are tipping the scales at almost 90lbs.
I am looking forward to more eggs!

Jennifer said...

Your goats seem to be enjoying the day! You have more green grass than we do here. I am ready for spring already because I miss the green grass. That is the cutest bunny, he looks like he has a black eye or some heavy eyeliner!