Friday, October 30, 2009

Was It Really Blue Skies Today???

The skies cleared today! Yeah! Banana Bread topped with Hershey's Mini Kisses....
I was in the baking mood.. Banana bread topped with brown sugar!

Chocolate mint chip cookies and Pumpkin bread! The last 2 babies... One is leaving Sunday....

The river trails through the goat pen....
Standing at the top of the drive.. It washed out bad!
This is the ditch and bottom of the drive. It was flowing across the road here.. I couldn't believe the way people were flying by in the storm last night.. It was extremely ridiculous.

This is in front of our house.. Good thing there is an embankment like this or we might have had cars in our yard!! On the left at the bottom of the pic is where some one hit last night.. There is a much bigger spot but I didn't get it in the pic. It was loud when they hit.. I ran out to see if they were okay... In the middle of the front yard I hit water and my right foot went out from under and down I went.. I have got to stop this before I really hurt myself!!Lol We were tired this morning. They got the drive graded and gravel pulled back up where it belongs. The county had to come and clean out the ditch too. I went into town earlier and you could see where the water had been flowing. A sidewalk bridge was collapsed too. I forgot to take my camera when I went into town....
Kyle and the girls are ready to go hunting tomorrow and Sunday! I hope they get something!
Hopefully things are going to dry out some this week.. Praying that Kyle goes back to work.. If not he may have to go out of town for work... Its about 4 hours away and we are hoping it doesn't come to that...
So I am off to put up all the cookies and breads. Also to fix snacks for the Big Hunters!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

goatmilker said...

Believe me we had no blue skies here yesterday. The wood stove got here o.k. My husband had to unload and hook it up in the pouring rain not fun. My family is coming for a fall party tonight hopefully it is going to be nice. As I writ the wind is blowing bad and it is cold out. Well hope you have a great day Rebekah.

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia glad to hear things are improving there. Your baked stuff looks beyond beautiful and I will take a piece of everything thank you!!!

Happy Halloween to you and yours!

Vickie's Michigan Garden (my backyard) said...

I was looking at your older posts oh my goodness you have had the rain! We have just had a drop compared to you. --Great day to bake and everything looks wonderful
vickie

The Packs said...

ooo your baked stuff looks realy yummy! So there is only going to be one bunny left ? Has your other one started on her nest yet? Have a Happy Halloween!

Gail said...

Blue skies here and our roads are not repaired nor are the fences.