Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shut The Water Off Already Please!!!

The storm this afternoon that started all the heavy rain this evening...

These horses are just beautiful... They are huge too. I cant remember what kind they are though.
Out my backdoor.... It was coming in some...The back porch..... And the scrap bucket!More out my backdoor..One of the little streams in my basement...This is my freezer to the left in the pic... We have to find the pipe that drains everything out in the field and get it cleaned out..... Our driveway from the top..... It doesn't look like its washed out much But it really is... Most of it is out in the main highway.... Its been a crazy night they have had to evacuate senior housing, people are washed off the road in their cars, and a propane tank came lose and floated into a house... Oh and Mo-Dot just went flying by to clear the road and they spit sparks all down the road when they hit the gravel! Talk about freaking out kids and animals....It was loud! Okay it scared the bejeebers out of me too!!!
Kyle went out on the propane tank call and now they are cruising roads checking to see what they are like and make sure no one is stuck out there some where.. I am content to stay at home and make sure Me and Mine are not getting washed away. I am thankful for a solid house that really doesn't have to much water settle around it... It just flows by......
The force of nature can be an awesome and scary thing and I prefer to watch from a safe distance! Its late I think I will go kick back and wait for Kyle to get home.... Good night... Well almost Good Morning.....

8 comments:

goatmilker said...

I wish it would stop to. We are in Michigan and it is 6:15 a.m. outside my window it is pouring rain. They say at times it could be so bad we could have flooding. We have a new wood stove coming today the hubby will have to hook it up in the rain. Oh an once again chores in the rain. Guess the goat lot will not be drying up any time soon.

Feral Female said...

My goodness you certainly did have some rain! Here in PA it`s been very wet also but nothing compared to thos pictures! Hope things dry out for you soon!

tree ocean said...

WOW WOW WOW! That is some water!!!! We had rain like that in June and July here that really hurt the farmers!!!Two months of it! August was the only month I didn't run a woodstove. I hope you don't have two months of rain like we did! That is why I needed gravel in my driveway-mine washed away too!

And as you know my house is on posts so no leaky basement but I like to joke if we flood too bad maybe it will lift off the posts and float downstream...

Stay dry and safe!

Tree

Anke said...

This has been and incredibly wet year here as well, but it's nothing compared to what you are experiencing. Hope it'll dry up soon.

Kelle said...

Tonia,
Sorry for your flooding. Your poor ground must be saturated. I know when it rained here this Spring and early Summer we were worried about the river flooding us, it didn't make it up as high as it was our first Summer here, so that was a blessing. I hope you can get your basement drained an dried out. Our ground water level is only 5-8 ft down, so basements( for living space, most have areas for storage only) in this area are rare. I can see where there has been water as high as 2ft in our basement/ pantry area. I pray it doesn't happen as long as we live here, I wouldn't want my canned goods ruined and that is where our gas furnace and water heater are.

Take care and stay high and dry, we'll pray for sunshine and clear skies for you.

Blessings,
Kelle

Flat Creek Farm said...

So sorry to hear about your flooding. We haven't had any major damage - just the usual small leaks in our old farmhouse and MICE moving in to get out of the rain. Darned little critters! I hope the weather forecast is now correct and no more rain for almost a week. Wouldn't THAT be a blessing? Be careful out there, and hope we dry up soon. -Tammy

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia Holy Smokes! I am so sorry that you have all that flooding! We got a little over 3 inches and have our usual not wanted pond in the front yard but nothing like what you have. It is still cloudy and windy here and they are calling for showers. Hope today is a better day and you start to dry out! Take care and I will be saying a prayer for sunshine :)

small farm girl said...

Wow!!!!!That's some water! I hope it stops raining for you too.