Monday, October 26, 2009

Rain Drops Keep Falling......

Till things look like this.... And we live on a hill.....The path out of the goat pen.... Can't you read their minds?? There is Absolutely no way they are stepping a hoof past the dry line!! Dottie is even up on the table... The babies do come running out when they hear us but complain the whole time!!Lol They try to pick their way across the mud.....
Kara's new pet.... Yes we kept it.. She thought it had been squished at first But after warming up it started moving.. They are actually easier to keep than other lizards as they don't require heat lights. They can actually get to hot.. But any way its a spotted Salamander.. We looked up Salamanders and there are only 500 Different species of Salamanders..... That's all! Lol
Looking out my front door... I don't think the sun is coming back.... Ever!!! The weather man was trying to say it was but I have a hard time believing them!
Where I get my Raw Honey.... It sits out on the table out front and you leave your money in a certain place and take your honey.. Called the honor system....Lol Excellent honey too!!!

My house.. I love it..
Our little town from the other hill not the hill we live on.. I came out of the store and the scene caught my eye.. You go over the hill, down the road is the main part of town.. Its down in a valley. But from this pic you would never know its all right there.... We just did our usual stuff today.. We had been going everyday since last Thursday and it was nice to just be home. Kids are cleaning up supper and getting baths... Soon it will be that wonderful time of night to crawl into a warm,comfy bed...
Fall is flying by and pretty soon all the leaves will be gone.. It has been raining again they said 56% of the days in October had significant rain fall.. That wasn't including the days it was cloudy and drizzly stuff... Sun would be an excellent thing to see... Saturday wasn't enough!
I posted the baby bunnies up for sale and have several people interested.. Its so sad for them to go but we will have more next month!
That's all I have...

7 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Trying this (comment) yet again. If this posts a bazillion times, it's blogger's fault.. LOL! ;-) My poor donkeys are behaving the same as your poor goats. They have just a couple dry places, and that's where they hang out the most. It's soooo hard on them. Hopefully we'll see some sunshine soon. Love the metal roof on your house! Sure is pretty in your neck of the woods :) -Tammy

small farm girl said...

That was funny about how the goats hated the rain. Of course I don't blame them. lol

goatmilker said...

Our path out of the goat barn is the same way because of all the rain. They eat outside so we have to drive them out what a pain. I am ready for dry weather and sun. Have a great day Rebekah.

Anke said...

I thought we had a lot of rain, guess you guys have us beat. It's not near as muddy here in "our neck of the woods"...

Kritter Keeper said...

i despise mud season...love your farm! so pretty! and your little furry friend the possum, glad your husband found it a new place to live instead of doing something else...so refreshing to hear that the honor system is still works.

tree ocean said...

I thought Kyle did send the possum to the happy hunting grounds...It was weird I saw a possum the night I read your post-the first one I have EVER seen in Maine!

Then I just remembered I had a dream I was visiting you and you had the possum roasting in the oven- fur, head and all...I was like, "shouldn't you have an apple in it's mouth?" LOL

Ok, eww, but I hope you laughed at my dumb dream!

Maybe you have some old boards or flat rocks you could put down for mud ramps until things dry out...
hope you see the sun soon!

~Tonia said...

LOL Tree!! Thats to funny!
Sorry Kritter Keeper but the possum wasnt released some where else to become another persons problem. They frown on that here. He was disposed of..
My older goats would not step out of the barn.. Period! It wouldnt matter if they were starving I dont think they would leave!