Sunday, October 18, 2009

It Was Cold Enough For This......

Frost!!! In this pic it almost looks like snow!! Ewww Not ready for this!Frozen Mum Flowers....
Field across the road! Momma stray getting friendly! She is very scrawny and needs to be wormed but afraid if I worm here she wont come back for a while...
Some of the chickens realizing their door got left open last night!!! Glad nothing else knew about it!

Kyle is home another week... We will hopefully get the goat barn and chicken house done. Its just tying down the ends but will take some time. Kyle, Candice and my Brother-in-law Keith cut wood this weekend and got a good stack going. Yeah! Kyle is hoping to get more done this week. I will be calling the doctor this week about my ear. Its been more than 10 days with meds and nothing has changed.. I have tried everything Natural I know to do and it doesn't make any difference. Its very strange and aggravating!

We have a busy week ahead.. All our usual stuff and then this next weekend we have a Home school fall party! Woo Hoo! My Niece and Nephew are coming to stay the night one night. Then My oldest Nephew will be having a birthday!! He is getting so old!lol He will be 14! So we will be going there for cake and ice cream.

Kyle and Kara will also be setting up a tree stand for deer season. She is so excited this year. Last year was her first deer at 11 yrs old. She did all the shooting herself. She is such a calm person. It was funny because after she shot... She looks up and goes I got one...... That was it.. Dropped it in its tracks is what she did.

I never have gotten one yet.. The one time I got a shot at one I shot 6 times while the deer stood there... And finally after the 6th shot it took off! I didn't even graze it... Some hunter I am.. Adrenaline is a crazy thing. It was so bad I was shaking. Probably why I didn't hit the deer!

Kara also took all the pics in this post except the chicken pic. She was so excited about the pretty frost she kept snapping pics...

I hope everyone has a great night. I am going to bed.. I think..

8 comments:

Rural Rambler said...

Another beautiful sunny windy day today, I'll take it! It was beautiful here Sunday, just windy and pretty cool. We built a fire outside and stayed out all day! I see signs of everyone getting ready for deer season here and we see lots of deer tracks when we walk our trails. I am in a funk missing summer, too much inside time this past week! I enjoyed your post this morning though!!

Gail said...

You have what they call Buck Fever. Presents itself with shaking and poor vision when your target is in range.

Carolyn said...

Those look like frosty chickens. I love to see them run :)

small farm girl said...

The pictures are pretty good!
Don't worry, I haven't gotten a deer either.

tree ocean said...

great pix- that was a heavy frost! we had SNOW! It was raining mixed with and the snowflakes were as big as your fist! There was a little on the lawn and sides of the road this am. The kids were so happy and I was trying not to snarl at the sight of it! LOL

Flat Creek Farm said...

Whew on the chickens! I know, wasn't ready for frost yet either. But today is a beautiful day except for...
the attack of the Asian Beetles all of a sudden!
Have a great week! -Tammy

kestrel said...

Cat seems a little hungry. Don't worry I wouldn't be able to shoot anything too. We are not allowed to own guns here and the closest I got was a cherry gun which we make ourselves. It is an odd looking wooden thing and we use unripe cherries for bullets - it hurts but it 's not fatal.

~Tonia said...

I can hit targets right where you are suppose too. But To actually shoot the deer i got to nervous. I haven't had a chance to go since then. Kara uses my gun for hunting so I would rather let her go. She loves it!
Tree I completely understand the need to snarl at the weather like that!Lol I am just not ready for the cold..... And snow and ice....