Saturday, October 24, 2009

Good Things...

Of course this poor thing is Not good if you have chickens!! Did I say Poor Thing?!? Can't believe I did.. Remember me leaving the chicken house door open a few days ago? I am lucky He did not find his way in... Kyle Dispatched him to the Happy hunting grounds tonight after we found him straddling the scrap bucket tonight when we got home..

Candice's Pumpkin Decorating example.....

And Kyla's........

And Kara's!...

Candice and one of my nephews on the Go-kart this afternoon! They had a blast on it! Except Kara. She is not a dare devil and likes Both feet Firmly on the ground at all times!!! She has Always been like that since a tiny baby! Kyle says she will grow up to be an OSHA inspector!lol
We have had a busy weekend. I didn't get to go to the discount grocery store or the Amish due to Unemployment messing up.. Or as Kyle calls it Plum Enjoyment because of all the fun it "creates" for us!Lol..... But we finally did get the $$. But not before Kyle sacrificed a prized possession for some $$ for us.. But it all worked out and the rest of the weekend went as planned..

We had a lot of fun at the Homeschool fall party! That is where we decorated the pumpkins. I had all kinds of girly decorating ideas but was a little stumped when it came to boys... Well for a little bit and then I added Roofing nails, carpet tacks and other things of that nature.. They all did a great job too. Used their imagination and came up with some great things. But wouldn't you know I forgot to get pics of all of them....

Then today we went to my nephew's 14th birthday party. Just cake and ice cream and a little visiting. My brother gave me some fencing! Wooo hoo. There were some panel pieces that I can use for hay feeders and Some to make the little house for the Banties and silkies that will be coming next spring for the girls 4H project!! Plus some @X$ wire for my gardens and whatever else I need it for! He saved me at Least $50 if not more. THANK YOU!

Kyle and the girls got the deer stand up and are all ready for youth season next weekend. I hope they get one or 2! They are all 3 so excited!!
Well looking at another week of Kyle at home... Sure would be nice if they would call tomorrow for him to go back to work. Not that I haven't enjoyed him being home. The last year was so bust and hurried it felt like we hadn't seen each other much at all.. But its hard to live with out his regular pay when you are use to it.

Okay I hope everyone has a good night and enjoys their Sunday.. I think we have More rain coming in.... Good Night!


5 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Wow, you have been busy! Those pumpkins are very cute :) Now the possum, nope - not so cute when you have chickens! I enjoyed Kyle's term "plum enjoyment." We recently ended almost a full year of "plum enjoyment" ourselves, so I completely understand ;-) Enjoy this beautiful Sunday... or at least it's beautiful so far! -Tammy

small farm girl said...

Love the pumpkins!

We know all about the "plum enjoyment." They make it so hard just to get a little help sometimes. My hubby's just ran out today. So, we have no "plumb enjoyment" anymore.

Feral Female said...

Oh the dreaded opossum visit! It strikes fear in the heart of poultry owners. We`ve sent a few to the happy hunting grounds ourselves over the years.

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia possums freak me out and so do the ladybug imposters that have been clinging to the house and everything else! And it's raining again! Enough of me whining. The pumpkins are very cute! We went to north MO yesterday around Trenton to visit Country Husband's Uncle and Aunts and their autumn color is gone and so were most of the leaves. BUT we had fresh fried up chicken from the Amish for Sunday dinner-Yum.

~Tonia said...

Eeeeewww I hate those Ladybug look alikes!! Our old house had them really bad! My brother built a new house and they have serious problems with them.. They are Nasty!! We went on a trip one time and I had fixed me a cup of Hot Chocolate to go... Took a big drink in the car and it had Several of those nasty little things in it. I thought I was going to be sick!! Ruined me on hot chocolate for a while!!!