Monday, October 19, 2009

Beautiful Sunshine!!!

Another goat in the feed pan!! This is Hope. She is also no light weight! But I do believe she was hiding from the world.
And the courtship continues.... And provides lots of umm well entertainment.. If you don't have goats you probably wouldn't understand... LOL I had video but don't know the first thing about uploading video...
The mums I planted today... Almost even with the steps.. I did that with out planning..
The Fall view from the porch we enjoyed it for a while today.....
It was absolutely beautiful. And warm!

Good news I think my ear is doing better.. It started acting like it was going to clear up to where I can hear.. SO I am going to give it a few more days!!

My goats are now drylotted for awhile.. My electric fence charger is not working right.. I need a new one but can't afford one that would work with what we have up. SO till then they will have to be on a dry lot. The older goats would stay in but the youngers have already tried the fence to many times and wont stay put! Brats. Which they have ate most of the grass in their pasture and they are eating hay most of the time anyway.. I thought about letting the older girls out and keeping the young ones in but haven't done it yet. They respect the fence no matter what and don't try to squeeze under, through or over it! But the youngers haven't learned that respect! And the fence is not shocking to teach them right now..

Okay I am headed to bed! I hope everyone has a good night!

3 comments:

goatmilker said...

I am glad somebody else has that problem with their goats besides me. When we switched the younger goats our fence was not chrging right and the kids must have put them in ten times that day. My son was about ready to just have a fit.Have a great day. Rebekah

Feral Female said...

Wonderful photos! The courtship ritual is in full bloom here as well, our buck has been a very, uhm, busy man the past few days. =)

Gail said...

Ah, the electric fence syndrome, I have it too...with cattle. The young one go between the wires since for some reason the fence is only pulsing every ten seconds. Then when they go back in, they hang and break it.

But it is still working, I know, because I picked up the brokend end to tie it back. It chose that second to pulse!