Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Beautiful Day!

I have seen this several times and just thought it was funny.. I have a strange sense of humor sometimes.... Must have been some bad winds...
The one thing I really like about fall is the Very Blue Sky!!!

Kyla said this field looked like a sunset in the field... The stripes of color...


Another pic of the barn in my blog photo.. I love old barns... Hmm I am sure there is an easier way to get fire wood.. Good thing we don't have to wait on her to split the wood!lol We would be popsicles!

We hurried through school work today and went looking for an Amish Bulk store I use to visit this way only to find it had closed... TO bad. I am missing the Dark Cocoa powder, everything from the grocery store taste bland compared to it. I guess I will have to find a place online to order it.. Anyone buy bulk food online?? Have a link to share? The other Amish store we use to go to is over 60 miles away now..
I was also able to visit with a lady that helped Kyle show sheep and horses when he was younger.. She is older and thought it was great the girls are now showing goats.
We have a Fall Festival in town. Haven't been to it in years. Cant wait to go!! Good Night Everyone.....
PS-Its raining Again.. I will not complain... I will not complain... I will not complain......

8 comments:

tree ocean said...

That thing tipped over looks like a rocket. LOL. Is is a type of silo? Guess it was empty...hehe.

I love your woodstove-I need a big one like THAT! No wonder we freeze our butts off mine is tiny! What kind is that?

I love your landscape photos! The red in that one field looks like some of our blueberry barrens this time of year...

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia I am so enjoying your headers. I would like to do a photo header but it is like I am paralyzed to do it. What? Do I think my blog will blow up or something?

We have had some big winds here and have alot of rain, 4 to 6 inches on the way. It has already started. That thing looks like a pellet or cake pellet feeder maybe.

We have several Amish stores fairly close to us or on the way to family that we visit and I am thankful for that. Wish I could help you with a link but I know of none.

You have a festival in town? CH and I would love to check it out. Is it going on now or over the weekend? The last couple of fall festivals/fairs we went to were sort of a let down and our State Fair seemed to be kind of a dud this year. Maybe it was just the day that we went. I missed the poultry.

But Tonia wasn't it a beautiful day yesterday in the ShoMe state? You had a great day to be out and about!

Kelle said...

Tonia,
Love the barn picture and your sense of humor too*wink*

I'm not sure how far they deliver but we order from Azure Standard, it comes by way of truck, but they alos UPS items, I think?
Here is their addy; www.azurestandard.com We NEED to put in an order, we've been so busy getting prepped for the animals feed, our bulk supplies are running down. Honey is our main need, then some asorted dried beans and olive oil( in 3 gallon containers), hopefully they still have them, our last order we put in was late summer 2008.
Blessing for your day :o)

~Tonia said...

Tree- My first thought when I saw this a few months ago was Failure at Launching? Lol
Our stove is an Englander. It weighs about 450 lbs I think.. It has tubes in the top that reburn the smoke so it burns cleaner. Of course it has to be at a certain temp for that but it can be going hot in the house and hardly any smoke at all. We have spent many a night watching it burn in the tubes!Lol We are easily entertained! But it cut back on the amount of wood we use drastically! It was about $1000 for everything a few years ago but that was delivery too. It has been worth every penny!
RR- I am sure the Amish you are talkign about are the ones I use to visit!! Millers and Leadmine?? I am missing them so much. I lived in that area of the world almost my whole life till we moved here. Some of my extended family still does. The Festival is just Saturday here. You can email me for more info! Its usually pretty big for such a small town.
Kelle- I have looked at Azure standard and I like it but I think I would need some one to go in with me to order. Its been a while since I have been to their website. The ones who would we never have the $$ at the same time!lol

Carolyn said...

That blue sky is heavenly. I love your photos.

The Packs said...

It sure does look like a nice day. We have had nothing but rain the past 4 days and i hate it. It makes you just want to sit down on your couch or lay in bed all day.

Gail said...

Beautiful pictures.

Flat Creek Farm said...

I'm not sure if you're in my neck of the woods or not (central MO). We have a big Amish settlement near us with more than one bulk store. Love them! If you are interested, you can e-mail me via our blog and I will give you directions & info. -Tammy