Sunday, September 6, 2009

Turkey Tails, Bunnies and Birthday

Okay this set of photos is going backwards.. I wasn't paying attention.. Anyway this is a mushroom that my girls and their cousins found in the yard this weekend.... From the backside.
Its a Turkey Tail. My Poor Citified cousin was paranoid the kids would try to it with out knowing what to do with it!!Lol My girls wouldn't but I cant vouch for other people's kids. lol

We did find out they are edible or more to the point Medicinal.. You can chew them like gum as they are very chewy textured or make tea with it.. I don't know about that...
This is where it was at originally... They say its good for a lot of things. Anti-cancer and several other things...
It was so cool though!!
My youngest, Kara took the pics.
Here is what was suppose to be the first pic.. All well... Baby Bunnies at 5 days old..Baby Bunnies at 7 days old..
Ain't they Cute???? When You move the stuff they start bouncing around. Like little jumping beans! They are all pretty even sized.

Little friend on the back porch.


A little friend we found in the basement.. Ringneck Prairie snake...... That's a a nickle they are holding up.. The rain from the front porch Friday.. It flooded my pot here I didn't realize it was almost directly under the spout!! That wont work!!!The Birthday girl opening her MP3 Player! She was soo happy with it!! We had a busy Fun weekend.. Everyone was here Saturday with my family that was visiting. We don't get together very often with the family that is here but when family from out of state visits we like to all congregate at the different houses for as long as they are here. So we had everyone over Saturday..
We had lots of food and Noise.. We are a noisy family!! lol We love to visit and since we don't see everyone alot it makes for a lot of talking!! We had a lot of cake too!!! One of my cakes to decorate fell so I had to make another so I would have at least have a fairly level cake to decorate.. I didn't do anything fancy but it was her favorite colors. Anyway I went ahead and Iced the flopped cake and filled it with cream cheese filling.. It was good..
We came home this afternoon and passed out for a few hours.. Just hope I can go to bed at a decent time tonight.. We are hoping to get some fence done tomorrow. So my goats have the rest of their pasture to eat. When we finish it will make the pasture twice as big and its about hip high in most of it.. So it would help with the hay bill..
I hope everyone had a great weekend.. We start school this week. We were suppose to this past week, it didn't happen but the Tuesday after Labor day is usually our First day anyway. Good Night!!

9 comments:

small farm girl said...

It's great to see family that you haven't seen for a while. We saw family this weekend too. Now, like you, we are to have a "work" day tomorrow. lol. Have a good Labor Day.

Warren said...

Very cool Turkey Tail pictures! Impressive.

Gail said...

What a wonderful variety of pictures and fun.

I used to raise rabbits as a child for extra money.

Happy holiday.

Rural Rambler said...

Love the new look! Your header is wonderful. Glad you had some fun family time and your daughter had a good birthday. That mushroom is un-bee- leevable!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to direct MObugs from Explore Missouri over here! She would love this whole post. The bunnies are bun-wunderful and you know I am loving "the view from the front porch".

Carolyn said...

What adventures. I love babies of any kind. Were the bunnies wild or tame? I am guessing tame because they are white. I can't wait till kidding season in the spring.

Goat Creek Grandma said...

It sounds like the girls are loving it at the new place. They are so brave about snakes.... I dislike them myself. DH found a copperhead out on our back porch. It was curled up right by my dryer... :(

I love the pictures of the baby buns. They are so cute! I miss my animals.

Take care,
Debbie

Anke said...

Very interesting looking mushroom...
The little bunnies are adorable.

kestrel said...

The mushroom is beautiful like a lace fan, i have not seen any so big around here. And the Bunnies have so cute pink noses

~Tonia said...

Thank you everyone for commenting. The bunnies are tame. They are my Youngest Daughter's Dwarf Hotot babies. If I was more organized and tagged it you could go back and see the parents.. But I am sorry I am not the well organized.. Someday.....
The girls are loving the place. We got a lot of "We love your place!" Comments this weekend. We know we love it but its nice to hear comments!