Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rain and Pears.... Or is it Raining Pears?

I made pear butter and pear preserves.. It took about 12lbs of pears... I have about 60lbs left... So I have started making spiced pears.. Got the first batch in the canner.. I will run out of jars before pears.. But the preserves passed inspection... I had to take the spoon away from Kyle before he ate the whole jar.. Its now cooling to be used on a PBJ sandwich..... He will probably use half Jar!
The rain yesterday.. It was a nice rain the girls had fun playing in it..Sunset after the rain yesterday from my front porch.......
Sunset after it rained ALLLLL day today.....
The garden spider that had her web by the front porch... She had been there for more than a month....
She left us a present! Babies! The one in the chicken pen also left an egg pouch.. It makes me think of Charlotte....
Rain spout in the guttering.I thought it looked neat!.... I didn't crop the pic either.
Makin' a splash... My poor Greek oregano is turning into water cress..... Its been a rainy busy day. Kyle didn't work today due to the rain and we also found out no check next week.... I panicked, I cried and then figured we would be alright.. Who needs Unemployment check anyway?... Well... We really did but nothing critical.. we have groceries and gas to go where we need too..
He is back to work but its kind of scary. Its in a bad part of the city he usually works in.
They tell everyone to make sure the vehicles are locked and they even have to lock the Port-a-Potty when the job closes for the night?!?They must be stealing the TP!? Crazy! Hopefully they can go to a different job soon.. Actually I am thankful he is working.. Construction can be an iffy job but he has been working pretty steady.
Its the city he always works in but because of traffic and where its at it takes him 30 minutes Longer to get home. So he is driving almost an hour and a half one way right now.. Makes no sense.. I like my little town of less than 700 and the traffic jam of 4 cars at the 4-way.......
I am off to take a batch of pears out and start on the next one..... They have made the house smell real good.. Kind of like fall... I am hoping to find apples in a few weeks.. Have a good evening!!

6 comments:

Warren said...

cool rain spout picture! Looks like to top of a large icicle to me.

Bethany said...

That's cool that you have so many pears to can! Last year we had a bunch off of our tree but this year we got a late frost and it killed almost all of them. :( Even though they are a lot of work, they taste so good!

Stone Bridge Farm said...

Love the pics...I took one of a garden spider in our chicken area as well...funny. GMTA!

Aimee said...

I have been ignoring my many, many pears. Now I feel guilty.

goatpod2 said...

Neat spout picture!

Amy

http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

Gemini said...

I love that rain spout pic! It looks so awesome!