Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Composting And Other Yummy Stuff!!

Candice and her "help"!! Lol He would jump up in the wheelbarrow and then go to the side to tip and run out..
I have to say her patience was pretty amazing... He did it Over and over......

There he is fixing to tip it again.. I think he tipped it at least once every time she filled it!!. But he is well loved... Even Kyle was like we should just keep him for a pet.. Or companion goat to a buck... That we wont have till next spring!
The compost piles! The one is rather thin.. Kind of the Leaning tower of Compost too! It has a combination of Goat barn, chicken and rabbit stuff. With a little green stuff here and there.. The other one will be filled when we finish Friday and lime the goat barn and chicken house.A hen enjoying the newly exposed ground... Lots of wiggly things to eat...
Ooo Look BUGS!!!
And Leftover grain!! Goats I tell you they are sooo wasteful!! But the chickens waste Nothing!
And Another bunny pic! They are officially 2 weeks old as of yesterday!
So cute! They still hide in the hay! By next week they will be hopping around!
And the bread sticks I made to go with supper! I found this recipe some where my other tries with bread sticks were not all that great but this is the 2nd time I have made these and they turned out the Same Miracles of Miracles!!

We have company coming this weekend. I have a great Uncle that is coming down to see everyone. He reminds me a lot of my Pawpaw, who is missed so very much! My Aunt and Uncle who were here 2 weeks ago are coming back. So Everyone is coming here Saturday night and I am making Beans and cornbread! Its been a treat to see family. I have alot that lives here but everyone is so busy with their families we don't get together often but with Facebook and Email We can stay in touch better!

The first 4H meeting for the year was last night. And Kyle and I have signed on as Co-Leaders.. What was I thinking?? Lol Just kidding I am sure it will be worth it. I will also be doing the Goat project and its going to be county wide. Which I hope will bring some new kids into the project. We are looking forward to this next year.

Okay that's it for tonight! I hope everyone has a good night!

7 comments:

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia I enjoyed all your pictures BUT the breadsticks-YUM. I almost jumped in the car to make the trip to your little bit of country! That is some fantastical looking bread! Can you tell that we are into our food here?

And that goat in the wheelbarrow, you gotta keep him if you possibly can! :) He is a character!

~Tonia said...

Food makes the world go around!
The goat in the wheelbarrow was suppose to be going to our freezer this fall... Welll I have never had a wether SO well behaved!! This is the worst thing he does. SO after much pleading and begging the girls convinced me.. We are going to look at training him to be a cart goat.. Now I just have to read up on that!! His name is Vanilla because he was intended for the freezer but I may have to shorten it to Van since that is no longer his destination...

tree ocean said...

Mine dump the wheelbarrow too but I try and do it after I toss hay way out for them and finish before they get back, or they get YELLED at!!! I don't like to pick it up twice!!!

Daughter is so happy you are keeping the wether. They can be sweet.

Beautiful bunnies !

and I want some of those stix to go with my pot roast tonight!!! Now you'll have to post the recipe that's two comments now! :)

~Tonia said...

I cheat with recipes!! I go to Allrecipes.com and type in what I am looking for.. I hav elots of cook books but this is so easy..
Anyway I got this recipe from there and it was Quick and Easy Pizza Crust!! lol You can also type in how may servings you want and it will revise the recipe for you.. To easy!!

kestrel said...

You have a wonderful daughter, Candice so patient and understanding. I am glad Vanilla is not going into food cos he/she looks too fun to disappear from your family. And the rabbits are really looking so white and cute. I had 2 rabbits a long time ago - a white albino called Luke Sky Walker and a total black called Darth Vader. As u can see, i am a Star Wars fan. I love bread and your breadsticks look much nicer than the ones i buy from Dominos. I am sure they taste delicious too. Have fun with the family and photos of the gathering please.

~Tonia said...

We are Star Wars Fans too!! lol I had thought about using it for a theme fornaming goats one year but it has been done already.. SO I am thinking on what to use next...

Keeper of our Home said...

What a cute post. That goat is certainly a character! Your bread sticks look delicious. Who needs a meal when you have yummy bread to munch on.

~Mrs. M