Saturday, August 22, 2009

8-Legged, Views, Plant and Fire....

First my 8 Legged friend who helps with the pesky bug situations.. If needed. These are the only big spiders that don't give me the creeps. Its a garden spider down above the flowers.
The View from my swing this morning....

Same View when storms rolled in the other day.......


The Aloe Vera plant from my swing!!!lol
Plant up close.. I really need to harvest some of it.. It has babies growing out the side..


My brother-in-law Keith getting ready for a controlled burn by the fire department here in our little town. He is on the department its nice to Know people!!lol They just let any old Redneck help.... OOOh wait that's MY Redneck Darlin!!!The start of the fire.... We watched till it got to hot and then had to get in the van and move way back.... Like almost to the next hill. I didn't want to get in the way..Keith is directing the hose and making sure the electric lines don't get to hot. There is a house next to it they were trying to make sure it didn't catch fire too. Red thing was full of water they were using and pumping some from a pond near by..
Before it got to crazy!!
Okay A little scary!!!I don't mess with fire it hurts!This is when we vacated to the van and moved back... Way back!!!
The guy standing at the edge on the right could feel the heat and was causing him to sweat profusely... After it fell in and ended up catching the trees on fire even though they had trimmed them trying to avoid that. The smoke had flames in it over the trees!
It was just a small fire really. They were going to remodel but it had been fixed so many time it would cost more to remodel then to do this and start over. I guess it was good practice for the firemen too. Keith has been involved with the fire department and first responders for a while and has seen some stuff. He is a quiet, no-nonsense type person. Keeps his cool in a lot of excitement so I guess its a good job for him even though its scary to see this stuff.
Okay to much excitement for me going to go take a nap!! Have a good weekend..

4 comments:

tree ocean said...

Great pics!

Gail said...

Good job, guys, it is so easy to let something like that get out of hand.

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia I love those big ol yellow and black garden spiders that start showing up this time of year. They are the only ones that don't creep me out too. Your views from the porch swing, beautiful! I am skeered of fire when it isn't in a bar-b-que, small brush pile, or something purposely built to keep me warm. I am thankful for firemen, especially firemen that work in the country.

Carolyn said...

I wish I lived close by I would take one of those baby aloe plants off your hands :)