Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Clouds.....

I took this picture over a year ago. It was a storm moving in....


This was from a week or so ago. There were storms quite a distances from us at sunset.

These are from last night. We were kind of in the lull of the storm.
It made for neat clouds all around us...
To bad Power lines were in the way!! We got alot done yesterday. I finished trimming hooves. Doctored Hope's feet again she is no longer limping so that's good. It was so wet at the old place that it would take Several days after a rain for it to drain off standing water let alone be dry. I think this contributed to her problem. Of course with it being so wet and soft their hooves grew faster. It was hard to keep up with the trimming. But we are back on track now. And their new pasture has Rocks for them to climb on!! Yeah
I am trying to get some of this done before my surgery because I sure wont feel like it after for a few weeks anyway. I am having my girls milk more too. Sunshine hasn't quite come to terms with them milking slower and gets antsy towards the end. She has stepped in the bucket both days.. Kara was almost done today too. So the chickens got a treat! But they are getting better.
The Sage oil seems to be working on helping dry Dottie and Hope up!! Yeah. I also fed them a little dried sage. Dottie loved it... Have yet to find something she doesn't like... Well she doesn't like Dewormer but anything else in your hand she has to taste!! Lol Hope wouldn't eat it though..
Well its a rainy day again! Which is good for all those second cuttings of hay.. As long as it doesn't do like the 1st cutting this year and keep raining and make it difficult to get it in out of the field.
Its good for the red clover I planted though!! The goats will appreciate it for sure!! lol
I am in the mood to cook so I am out of here! I hope everyone has a Great day!!

5 comments:

small farm girl said...

I wish I was there to help with the milking. I would love to have some fresh milk. lol Pretty pics of the clouds too!

~Tonia said...

The milk has been Very good!! I know my girls will do fine but I am still a momma worrying about everything!Lol

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia those are some beautiful storm cloud captures. I love photos of clouds and never seem to get any good ones, we are covered by trees with no real view of the sky. Hope your day cooking was a good one!

tree ocean said...

Nice clouds! Saw you were getting some weather today from the weather channel that was on in the garage while my car was getting fixed.

I remember when I burnt my foot this winter and couldn't get out for chores for weeks , and trying to watch the kids from the window! They did great-I am sure yours will too. But, yeah, hooves would be beyond my kids and you don't want to be wrestling a goat for hooves after surgery!!

LOL the word verification is "horns"

Dora Renee' Wilkerson said...

I just love those cloud pictures!