Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Little Bug......

This is the Praying Mantis we found last year.. It was the biggest I had ever seen! It was all of about 6-8 inches long perched on top of my tarp barn....
Girls thought it was too coool!!LOL
This is the one we found this year.. It was crawling across the garage floor. How Kyle saw it I will never know it blends with everything!!

He is less than a 1/4 inch long and is currently residing in a house plant eating gnats!!
Isn't it so cute???I have a friend who is really freaked out by these things.... Maybe I wont tell her there is one living in my house!!!Her are the assorted animals currently residing in a smaller corral due to the fence being washed away . But tonight we will Hopefully get the rest of the cross fence done and they can head over to the greener grass in the background...

We had a cow miscarry this week. It was probably about a 2 pound fetus with now hair or anything like that. The cow couldn't have been more than 5 months along. But with the Dexter's some can carry a dwarf gene and it can cause them to miscarry occasionally. At least that is the way I understand it. This cow has raised to previous very healthy calves so it wont be a mark against her..

More personal stuff.. My Mother-in-law has been diagnosed with cancer. We won't know how far it has spread until they do surgery..

6 comments:

Mama said...

The bug is really cool.So sorry about the calf,that's such a shame..Many brightest blessings to your MIL.Please let us know how she's doing..

Callie said...

I love the photo of all your animals together. They look so peaceful and content. I have a cricket living in the house somewhere, but I'll have to keep a lookout for a mantis. All the best to your Mother-in-Law. Hope they get all the cancer during the operation. Take good care of yourself, get some rest. Bet you are run ragged at times.

kestrel said...

That is not a bug, its a monster mutation. Hope you get the fences up soon, there seems so much to do on a farm and it's like never ending with new things cropping up. Only 24 hours in a day, how do you all manage? Sorry to hear abt your mother in law, will include her in my prayers.

Goat Creek Grandma said...

Thats some good pictures of the praying mantis. I don't mind them when their little its when they get big like that, that they 'bug' me.

Sorry to hear about your mil. Will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Debbie

Evelyn said...

Praying for you MIL. My mother went thru the same.
Cool bug, I've found Praying mantises several times here lately. Never when I was a kid, I think it's part of the improvement in my land.
Good to hear the hotwire is going up.

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

We have a ton of mantis around here and I LOVE them! Last year I had giant sunflowers all around the deck and they were all over them. I planted them again this year so I hope we have more. Now those walking stick bugs...they freak me out just a tad. I love to watch them but I won't hold them like I till a mantis. So sorry to hear about your MIL's diagnosis. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers.