Friday, April 17, 2009

Newest Member Of The Farm

Her name is Dixie and she came from Minnesota. Needless to say she was a bit stressed and hot....
So she found this spot to cool in.. We left her out for a little bit and let her calm down.. I came down to check on her and she was back in the barn in the original pen we had her in for holding.. Good girl!!

She is a big girl.. Bigger than ours that will be a year old in June..

My FIL has been in the hospital and they cant figure out what is wrong with him as of yet... SO we will be headed to see him tonight as soon as Kyle gets home. The last of the babies for sale will be leaving tomorrow.. So sad to see them go but that is the way it is.. Oh and our chickens are not Buff orpingtons. They resemble them but they are Colored Rangers.. They are suppose to grow well on nearly all forage to be processed at a younger age for a more tender chicken. I haven't been real impressed with their intellect though... Needless to say they are a bit birdbrained.......

4 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on the piggie, sorry about your FIL!

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I sooooo want to try pigs some day! Prayers for your FIL.

Evelyn said...

Too awful about the FIL! Are our pigs as glossy as this girl looks? Is she friendly? Did her papers come w/ her? She's not going out w/ all the others yet, is she? Where are they? I know... I'm so full of questions, I should just hop in the car & come help! Oh, how I wish I could!!!

Good luck & prayers to/for the FIL!!

Mama said...

Speedy recovery wishes to your FIL;)I like that piggy ALOT..Someday the man will let me have pigs.I grew up on a pig farm in the summers, up in NJ.