Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Look Leaves!!!

The Maple trees are starting to get their leaves. They have had their helicopter seeds for a while.. That is what we call them because they spin as they fall and look like little helicopters...
Wild violets.. Some of my favorites.....
My daughters rabbit. He is a dwarf Hotot and will get no bigger then this which is about 2 lbs.. he don't eat much at all..

Not exactly the safest place to roost... but chickens aren't known for their brains and these seem to be farther down on the intellectual totem pole in the chicken world!
The dog has quit stealing the geese eggs I guess he didn't like being chased down by the gander!!
Imagine a 100+lb dog running from a 25 lb goose... Quite the funny site!!lol
Hey its the lady with the food again!!!
They got her treed!!!
Hey How come I ain't fittin' anymore?? I fit through that square yesterday.......
Another Maple tree with a little bit of leaves started.. You can see in the background that there are very few trees with leaves yet. The oaks are usually last and their buds have started. We got a few things done today it was warmer out and its suppose to be warmer tomorrow. No rain till Saturday and Sunday. I got my strawberry plants in some dirt. Not the permanent place but it will do for now.. Then we banded the last of the younger boys today before we had unplanned breeding by eager little bucks and rams!!! They thought they were dying of course.. The little chicks are out and go back to roost at night. The turkeys are feathering out and doing well.I meant to get a pic but forgot...
I have had sick girls too. High fevers which are no fun but they are feeling somewhat better tonight..
I hope everyone has a good night I am making it an early night..

6 comments:

Evelyn said...

Great to know Spring is at the farm. I just wish I was! What is it htat's planted when the oak leaves are the size of a squirrel's ear?
Good to hear that Sam has stopped stealing eggs. Maybe we'll get some babies. Have you eaten one yet? If so... how'd it taste? Now... on to Muscovies, has DH gotten that chicken plucker started yet?

American Way Farm said...

Leaves on the trees are still a month away here. But I see it coming when I look at other's blogs. Gives me hope. The bunny is adorable with those big eyes. Just love the picture of getting treed by the chickens! -Sandy

Mama said...

Beautiful pictures,hope your girls feel better soon..

tree ocean said...

Plant corn when the oak leaves are the size of squirrel's ears...

Great pix!

Brave dog!

Hot Belly Mama said...

I love your photos! Did you get Buff Orpingtons? I love ours. They are so sweet and fluffy. It looks like yours are going through a gawky phase, but they get soft and fuzzy again.

Tabetha -n- Brian said...

I absolutely love your pictures and that bunny is just about the cutest bunny in the entire world. We were looking to get a bunny soon, so we might have to get one like that! It is so nice to see some leaves on the trees again, isn't it? Oh, and I love your chickens! We can't wait to get our own someday!