Sunday, March 8, 2009

Its Coming!!!

Spring that is!!! This pic Last Weekend!And this weekend flowers!!! Can you see them??How about now?? Daffodils are blooming!!This is the backside of the storm that Blew Through fast and furious this morning while we were milking and feeding babies!!This is a picture from last year but they are out and you rarely see this little guys But you sure hear them!! Its what we call a Peeper! This one was out our backdoor last year peeping his little heart out and let me take several pictures of him all the while singing his spring song!! My aunt who is n her 60's couldn't believe I had seen one let alone get a picture of one! We have both lived here all our lives pretty much..
He is very tiny but LOUD!!! He could sit on a quarter and have room left over.

It looks like a shadow but his throat was blown out in this pic. The one that you should have been able to see well was blurry... Its suppose to be warm and rainy the next couple of days and then temps dropping!!! Back to 30-50's. Will have to make sure babies are warm but every day they are all live the better chance they have. We did lose another chick but I thought I may because he kept getting run over! Some of the big chicks crossed the card board to the banty side of the pen!! lol I guess they thought they wanted to be the big dude!!lol
Have a good night everyone....












5 comments:

Evelyn said...

Cool frog pix! I just think frogs are sooo cool!
I couldn't see the flowers in the 1st pix. But, I could see the Daffodils! YOU have WILD daffodils??? I am so jealous!!! We have to baby daffodils to keep them alive, much less blooming!!! Then my neighbors steal them! I had 80 plants stolen in one night, that was the weekend I put in a rose bush hedge!
Good luck on that weather thing! It looks like it's just faking you out!

~~~~~~Tonia said...

The first pic is more Daffodils in the bushes you have to really look to see them.It a line of yellow at the top of th ehill. They come up everywhere here and Irises.

Evelyn said...

AAaaa, I thought it was a different flower. Yea, I remember the Irises... I love both. I'm so jealous! You get Dogwood & Redbud too... we can't grow them hardly at all!!!

American Way Farm said...

I've never seen a peeper. That's really cool! -Sandy

Evelyn said...

Hey... we're going thru withdrawl here... :)