Sunday, March 15, 2009

It Was A Beautiful BUSY Weekend....

My batteries were dying so some of the pics are a little blurry..... This is the youngest calf being bribed. He is the most curious out of the calves. He is out of the Red cow Sunnyside and he is kind of Dun colored.
Here he is sticking his tongue in the water as it comes out of the hose.

Most of the gang. Mora was with mom hiding behind her..... Kyle feeding treats... Daisy LOVES her treats....
One clean tack/Feed shed.. I started on it last Fall. And got most of the junk pushed up in the corner but with winter it had gotten messy again. So we finished cleaning it yesterday..

My Light Brahma Rooster. He is 2 years old now and is so calm. I can walk up to where he roost and pet his chest and talk to him. He may stand up but usually sits there and lets me pet him. My girls can carry him around too.

He also has a small comb that doesnt get frost bite easily. Several of the roosters had a problem with that this year.

This is a Barred Rock hen I got from my mom and Dad last year when they got rid of all their chickens. She is about 4 years old but still lays well. I am hoping to get a few eggs to hatch from her this year... I have the Barred Rock roo so that will give me some Barred Rock chicks. So I dont have to buy any!

SOme of our Exotics... White Crested Polish hen and Spangled Hamburg Rooster.
One of the little Buff Silkie chicks. They are growing so fast..
Notice the little chick in the left hand corner by the feeder... I thought that was so funny> They are starting to get feathers and running around like crazy..Over half of the chicks. They spread out all over the pen and we haven't lost anymore since the first night the temps dropped..

I am being heavily warned in this picture.. Cross the fence and I am in for a goosing...
And he means it!!!
Boys will be Boys!!! They were butting heads going rounds back and forth...
Awww yeah a good scratching spot.. Gets right behind those growing horns!!
Hey Look at me!! I am soooo talented!!!And Me too!!! He is standing on his back legs balancing very well.... He is as talented as his sister in the pic above....

We got a lot accomplished this weekend.. We had company yesterday and still got the garage and tack shed done!! We started on the chicken trailer today and got a good pile of limbs out of the field. One field is almost completely cleaned up and going to start on the other probably this week. Its suppose to be really nice this week. We also have 4H Goat project meeting this week. Its only a few kids but still fun. Its suppose to be up to the 70's this week too!! WooHoo. Its also not suppose to drop near as much as it has been when it warms up.

I hope everyone has a good spring break.. We plan to make use of it for sure!!!

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

Great to hear about the good weather! I figured we weren't hearing from you because of good weather. Good to see the tack shed cleaned out! Where'd the 2nd freezer come from? We sure did need a few more! Good to see we have another, but we still need more!

Hot Belly Mama said...

I love your photos. I have two baby hen light brahmas and I loved seeing yours. I hope mine will be that beautiful!

Evelyn said...

I keep forgetting to ask, does Kyle like having cattle as much as he thought he would?

Tabetha -n- Brian said...

I look forward to all of these pictures every time I get on here. They really make me excited to have my own farm someday. You have such unique and beautiful chickens! We want to raise some exotic ones as well. :)