Saturday, February 28, 2009

Did I Say Spring Was In The Air??

Well its gone NOW!!! This snow came down in less than 30 minutes.....
Nice white cow!!!... Lol


We now have about 3 inches of snow and the high today is 30*. It was snowing so hard earlier you couldn't see the barn from the house at all!! You can just barely see it now. Its still snowing but not as bad.. We had more babies yesterday. Twin lambs and they are bottle babies. Mom completely refused them. We were going to cull her anyway.
Our count now is around 92 sheep and goats... It doesn't take long to have a population explosion.. We have lost a few but not bad for starting out and some needing to be culled.
Right now with all the bottle babies we are making around 27 bottles a day... Good thing the milk goats are putting out the milk! I know that number will drop next year do to better breeding management. Time is all we need.... Boy is that a scarce commodity!!
Have a good day!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad we didn't get much snow here just some snow flurries lastnight!

Evelyn said...

OMG!!! That's a lot of white!
I know you've got a lot on your hands. I know it always seems that I'm pushing. But, really I'm just throwing out ideas. Just laugh at me & tell me you'll think on it. lol

I wish I was there to help! THAT's a LOT of bottles!!!

Mama said...

The snow is unreal,I am so happy not to do snow anymore LOL
Anyway I wanted to give you this Premios Dardo Award.I love reading your blog and just check mine for details.

Jennifer said...

Such a weather change! We did not have that much snow here but we certainly got some today.

Jennifer said...

I wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for your comments on my chicken post! They were very helpful!

Goat Creek Grandma said...

We got a few flurries but not anything that stuck around. Now the winds were horrible here. From the looks of the forecast, next weekend is in the 60's! Crazy!

Debbie