Sunday, January 18, 2009

Silly Goose!

I gave up trying to put them in the barn the ducks wont go anyway. i want to build a small pen for both the ducks and the geese and start feeding them in there so I can lock them up at night and then when they start laying they can lay and set in there... Grand Plans I know!! They started hissing at me if I stand to long watching them eat... I didn't know they actually flew and this morning they took off and circled around and skidded to a stop on the icy pond.

I was feeding them this afternoon and the ducks came flying in!! The pond is still frozen even though it got over 40* today..

It was really light out when I took the pics but the light reflecting off the pond darkened the pic. I thought they looked neat so I shared them...



A sweet pic.... Soaking up the sun and napping.....

Oooooo Yum the powdery white stuff that hides the yummies!! Lol In Other words D.E. Coated Sea kelp and a little sweet thrown in...


Handsome enjoying the same stuff here!! He makes sure he gets the whole thing to himself and when he and the Sheep ram Bud are done they allow the few younger ones in. But the younger ones will be gone soon they are going into the freezer and only Handsome, Caspian and Bud will be left... It was suppose to be this weekend but the leak kind of threw a wrench into the plans...


The goat is my pregnant Nubian she is once again big as a barn.. Probably triplets she has always had triplets since First freshening. 2 girls/1 boy, 2 boys/1 girl and then 2 girls/1 boy... Maybe it will be triplet girls...


Poor thing.. her belly is only 2 inches off the ground.... Okay Maybe 4 inches but that's pushing it!!Lol
Maybe babies soon!! I think they are laughing at me down in the barn!! Little stinkers.. Well they aren't little that's for sure! Have a good night...








4 comments:

Goat Creek Grandma said...

We had a pair of Embden geese and miscellaneous ducks and they wouldn't go in at night either. They have a mind of their own.

Hot Belly Mama said...

Awesome. We are getting our first chickens ever in February and I hope to get a few ducks shortly after. Beautiful photos.

Evelyn said...

Poor geese/ducks. No open water for them... Can you break a spot open? I'm reading a book on geese & it says that they should have an open spot for swimming. I know.... easy for me to say! lol We just need more LGDs, that stay home!

Poor Tiny! She needs to have those babies.... SOON!!! Handsome used to go from bucket to bucket, knocking everyone out of the way, because they had to have better stuff than was in his! I'd put down 4 or 5 pans plus the 2 buckets that had the stuff in them constantly. When I'd put down pans, to make sure that everyone who wanted it could get it... he'd rush over to make sure that no one ate any till he was done! I've only dealt w/ stallions as dominant male. They'll make sure that the babies get in first, then the rest of the herd & they go last. The goat/sheep males throwing everyone else out is just bizare to me!

Shiloh Prairie Farm said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks cold there too! I am so ready for Spring!