Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Not A Farm Animal....

Its amazing I do take pics of things Other then the farm animals..... But it was still an animal.Lol This was in the field across the road this afternoon. We were so surprised You usually have to go quite a ways out in the country to see them.. I never knew we had them here in the winter till after I was married it was so rare to see them. I have lived here in Missouri all my life..
He had Lunch!!! Lol I say he I don't know it could be a she! My youngest girl and I jumped in the van and drove by slowly taking these pics.. That sunroof in the van came in handy!!

He was keeping an eye on use I had the camera zoomed out as far as it would go to get this close.
The neighbors dog went to investigate what it was and what it had... SO it flew up in the tree and then came back when the dog left....
They are so cool looking I just hope it wasn't a chicken he was eating.... I consider myself a patriotic person but they may be pushing it if he starts carrying off my chickens!! Just Kidding...sort of....Lol



6 comments:

mmpaints said...

oh Tonia, I'm green with envy! I've lived in so. Illinois for 15 years and only seen one while I was driving the tractor. He circled overhead. Aren't they just awesome?

Evelyn said...

OMG!!! I didn't know we had bald eagles! I'll buy you more chix! Feed the eagles!
Now... lambs/kids.... mmmmm. Chickens are good eagle food. Not our turkeys tho.

I've seen Bald Eagles near Seattle when I was visiting up there. They were fishing on the river I was having a picnic lunch next to.

Tabetha -n- Brian said...

I have never seen one of those in real life. How wonderful and amazing!!

Goat Creek Grandma said...

When I lived in Illinois, they had some bald eagles that lived in one of the parks. Was awesome to see them. DH swore he saw one in a field last weekend when we were in Illinois. Heck, I never really saw a blue bird until I moved to Missouri.

Debbie

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Tonia said...

They winter here. Usually the only place we see them is around the rivers and the bluffs. But in recent years there was some in the woods behind our old house and my brother has a small creek that runs out behind his house and you can watch them from his kitchen window. They are so cool!!

Jenny said...

Wow...beautiful pictures! I would love to see a bald eagle in the wild. I think the large birds of prey are just amazing. I love watching the soar the thermals. I'm jealous...
~Jenny~