Tuesday, January 27, 2009

LOTSAPICS.......



Anna being a good girl. Nic her brother is tied up because he took off again... We are getting another LGD soon. Its a female Komondor/Great Pyrenees cross I Will post more about her when we get her...


View of the pond from the cattle guard this afternoon the winter storm warning was suppose to be over by 6pm... Well this was at around 5pm and its not quit yet!!

Sam running around and following me to do evening chores...


Here he is out on the pond walking around on the ice.. Its frozen real well.. I still won't let the girls out anywhere but on the shallow end..


Here he is supervising this morning...



Anybody thirsty??....

Hey Lady Where's the food????


Back to the warm nest!!!

Dog pile!!! Or I guess really a Hog Pile......


No they are Not frozen like that...

See!! They don't like their picture taken much though...


Girls and the dogs sliding on the ice on the shallow end of the pond.



Youngest lamb running around..
Peanut!! He is such a beefy boy!!


One of the St Croix lambs... She is glaring at me..



One pregnant girl!!! She isn't ready yet.. Ligaments aren't to soft yet and that udder will be standing out about 2 inches behind her back legs.. If not more..
More pregnant bellies!! They are soooo close!!!


I am surprised she could get up there!!!


You know we are starving!!! Lol I flipped the center of the bale out and they attacked it!!
Huddle up girls its COLD!!
I guess she isn't part of the "In" crowd.... Or just an Independent Hen!!
Mmmmm Momma!!
What they use their horns for... Hay Rakes!!!
Awww a warm spot!!!
The bull! Watching me!! Probably hoping for a treat!!

Supper!!!!............

This is snow Not the sleet like last night!!! It started coming down about 3:30 and it got heavier and heavier. Its still snowing. I don't mind snow its Ice I don't like!! Snow is good for the fields too!


And more snow.......................
It was tough doing chores but I love it when it snows. It muffles everything and covers all the junk laying around!! lol you know all the stuff that needs done that is forever piling up behind you!!
The cows and horses all have their Snow blankets on too. The Sheep, Goats and Chickens will NOT leave the barn!! The ducks and the geese just waddle around. wondering where their pond went!!


4 comments:

Goat Creek Grandma said...

Tonia, I love the pictures. We're still getting sleet over this way. They say it should turn into snow around 10p tonight at the rate of 1/2 to 1 inch per hour. We'll see... Our pond is frozen but I don't think I'd trust anyone on it just yet.

Stay warm,
Debbie

Evelyn said...

Looks like too much snow for me! Brrrrrr!!
My goodness.... Sunnyside has filled out! I thought it was Nina... then I saw the horns!
What happened to the hay feeders? It looks like you didn't even have time to get the wire up on the bales before the goats/sheep attacked them! just too cold & too funny!

Tabetha -n- Brian said...

All of that snow looks wonderful!!! I just love your animals and can not wait to get some myself! I hope they are all staying very warm! :) I hope you are staying warm too!

molly said...

I found your blog, via the dexter cow group. great pics. yiou gave me a great idea for sheltering our pigs! Thanks