Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Its SOOO Cold...

Cold, Cold Pond.................
Same cold pond.....

Wattles looking very pregnant.. She has had mucous on her vulva for a few weeks now... And she is loosing her ligaments. But they aren't gone yet... And that's the story for at least 5 other goats!!! Lol If you look way out in this picture to the little white spot that's the twin boys being brats and squeezing through a cattle panel to get into the big field.. They only do it in the afternoon. I guess they are to cool to hang out with the lambs and a bunch of pregnant Momma goats and sheep!! Lol
First Freshener Hope. I hope she doesn't do like her Momma, April and have triplets every time.... Her momma is huge and looking like its probably triplets.... It would be April's 4th set of triplets if it is...

Wattles again.. Reaching for that last little bit...
Its actually in the 30's but it feels so cold.. The pond is froze still but starting to thaw some. The Ducks are down to 5 and I am not sure if I got females or not now... I got a shot at the dog and it yelped and ran to the neighbor's house and hasn't been back in our yard.... Apparently I just nicked it because it is still running around.. I need to practice... I absolutely hate to have to do it.. But it has to be done... I don't take this lightly....
I know Muscovies are suppose to roost in the tree but so far I have only seen them in the tall grass by the pond at night... Sam would chase the stray dog whenever he is over there but he isn't over there all the time.. I am thinking to train our other male dog to stay with the poultry.... He doesn't try to eat them like his sister.. Neither one has even so much as looked at them since they got in trouble with them.. SO maybe I broke them of a start of a bad habit before it became a habit.. We are getting 15 Midget white turkeys and 100 Colored Ranger chicks in March.. I would rather not lose any to predators...
Still no babies I know when one goat has babies they are all going to start dropping babies!! Lol I can feel them moving so its less then a month for sure... Mommas aren't real active either. They eat... Lay around.... Eat..... Walk to the water trough..... Eat...... Sleep...Did I mention Eat???LOL We still have several ewes to lamb too... They all have udders and big bellies.. Maybe they will all wait for Thursday to have babies and Not the winter storm projected for next week!!!! LOL Right!!!! Have a good night everyone!!


2 comments:

tree ocean said...

The kids and I love looking at your pictures! The dark duck ones were cool!

Bald Eagles will eat carrion so it may be that something killed the duck and then the eagle took it up to the tree...

Do you have an animal control officer you could call about the dog?I guess it is too wild to catch and take to the shelter yourself...

We get some folks down at the pond and I have seen dog tracks at the end of the drive and I have warned people that we have critters up here-a dog could get away and kill something pretty quick-

I miss my goats! I watched my kids this am from the window and this afternoon my son did the hay , water and bedding-usually my job (well, he waters) I was so proud of him! (he's 11) I saw one little goat following him and then he took a long time with the big ones so I went out to see if all was ok and he said he was just petting one-awwww-I used to complain I never got a day off, but I didn't mean this way! :(

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Tonia said...

No animal control we are less than a mile from the dog pound as it is. If we take it up there they want $35-50 per animal... And my friend that use to live over here called the county about the strays and they said to just do away with them... Well she cant do that and ended up with more than she can afford to feed. I am not doing that!
Its amazing how kids can step in and fill your shoes so to speak when moms not feeling so good or hurt.. My girls have done the same. It may not be as good as if you did it but its was their best..