Monday, January 5, 2009

Another new baby...

Its a little ewe we found this morning dry and going already! Of course it was cold last night. I have pics but don't have time to post them right now. I will try to get to it tomorrow. We are all some sort of sick right now.. I have had ear infection for a while and I finally broke down and was going to the doctor for it. But urgent care was closed but I was desperate. They didn't tell me anything I didn't know and gave me more meds... Yuck. I have one kid getting over Pneumonia and 2 had colds... Even one of the house dogs are sick!!! She is spending the night at the vets because she couldn't figure it out right away so was going to watch her. At least our vet is reasonable and will let me come in later to pay and it will be a fraction of what the other vets will charge. I guess thats what happens when you have a working relationship and have known them since you were a kid...
SO I am going to bed but will be back later to post some pictures... Good Night All!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats Tonia!

Goat Creek Grandma said...

Tonia, I love reading your blog. My DH and I have a small farm but are in the process of losing it. We had to sell off all my goats, chickens, peacocks, etc and it about killed me. I love reading about your new babies and what is going on there at your place. Keep on writing! :)

Evelyn said...

Good to hear about the ewe-lamb.
Sorry to hear about everyone in the house being sick! That's never fun & of course.... when Mom gets sick EVERYone in the house has to get sick w/ her!

GCG... sorry to hear about you loosing your farm. I want peacocks so badly! Maybe in a few years, I'll be able to talk Tonia into it, but she's way overloaded for now! I'm thinking about going back there to help her in a few weeks. But, by the time I could get there... she probably won't need the help anymore!


For anyone interested, Tonia's now selling animals to go to the processor. You can take them now, or 'we' will grow them for you, but you own them.
And like w/ milk in some states, we'll be selling by the cut, for pet food only! It's perfectly safe for me to eat, and cut in retail cuts, but we can't sell it for humane consumption. Pet food ONLY. I'll eat it, you give it to your dog.... as far as we're concerned. That's how I have to buy milk in Calif.