Monday, December 1, 2008

This Little Piggy.....


Built a house of straw..Or hay I should say!!lol
I was thinking the pigs would be alright but when I saw them this morning I was like nope they have to have hay!! SO I got in the other side of the barn and pulled another bale off the stack and then pushed it into the pen with the truck. I had it up on top of the compost pile and I peeled layers off and then rolled it over and peeled more off. SO they have lots of bedding and fluff! They were going nuts!! When it was up on its side Ms. Bossy went all the way around the outside under the hay I had peeled off and came out with a big mouthful of hay. One sat down on its hind end and let me pet it while it was soaking up the warmth of the hay. They had a blast!

This is the nest that they had slept in last night. They make nest really well! Oldest DD said it looked like a giant birds nest!


Billy the little pig has hay stuck on his head!! He was the one I was most worried about because he is small and was shivering some but has warmed up now.


Thats me in my Layers of clothes. You would never now I had 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants on under that!! lol!Here they are digging where I had moved the fence back! They found green under the snow!! Smart little fellers!


I am off to get a tractor part and hopefully we wont have to do the truck and haybale thing anymore!! lol

6 comments:

Joanna said...

pretty pigs, I like the brown color.

No goat babies yet?

Evelyn said...

This was great! I was waiting to see these pix! They are so funny! GREAT post!!!

Shiloh Prairie Farm said...

Great pictures. How are you moving these round bales with a truck adn no spike? Just pushing them? We have a few round bales but we have no tractor and no hay spike to move them with.

Evelyn said...

OK, no precip or sub freezing weather due till tomorrow. So, you can sleep well tonite! There surely won't be any babies till it's freezing & wet!

Hot Belly Mama - taking it all back said...

I've heard hay generates heat for animals. That's great! I would be fussing over them too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Tonia said...

Hay does generate heat and insulates. Then as they use it and wallow in it and manureadd to it it starts to compost and produces more warmth and then you pile more on top of that. It adds up and creates more heat. Of course adding the manure to that and by the time they are done with the hay and bedding its great for gardens and fields!!