Monday, December 22, 2008

Coldest Day So Far.....



Yep we have babies!! 2 sets of twin lambs Boy and girl sets. One is in the house he is very small and was chilled some when we found him. I don't know if he will make it.....


See how tiny!! That is a small laundry basket..... But I have to try.




The one hadn't been able to clean hers off as much because they fell thru to the other side of a panel but we got there just in time and got them back t her and they are now very white instead of so yuck looking. Both mommas are really good mommas and the one that I have her little one was looking for him and started cleaning the others babies...
Here is the pond those white lines are cracks. It gives off the strangest sound.. Its about 2 inches thick in most places. The shallow end is froze almost all the way down. I was standing on it and took a dive.. I went flat on my face!!! As I crawled off the ice I told Kyle I was to old for this!!lol

It was Slick!!
The ducks and pigeons are at the other end eating...

Kind of gives you a chill...........
Sad little wild duck got froze to the pond....

Kyle standing on it he was a little farther out but it started cracking!! So he came back to the edge! LOL


Air bubbles frozen in the ice... Ice does some of the coolest things..... lol I am easily amused!

Been an eventful day and I am ready for bed!!!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not experienced with sheep, but certianly am with goaties. I don't know how long ago your weak baby was, but if you have any probious, put a little in his mouth(the blue paste kind). do you have a tube feeder? You can save nearly all weak babies with one, IF they don't have another problem. (sometimes there is another reason why they are small and weak) Anyway, mix some warm coffee (maybe 1/4 cup) and a little corn syrup/mollassess/brown sugar/white sugar, whatever you have, and a lttle colostrum or just milk, if you don't have any. tube this in him, rub, rub, rub, and he will liven up. Now WORK QUICKLY, to get some colostrum in him. This burst of energy doesn't last long, and only works once. Keep him warm and he should be fine. e-mail me your phone # and I will be glad to call you and talk you through it. Happy Holidays! farm_girl65438@yahoo.com

Joanna said...

I hope the tiny baby goat makes it. Don't be walking out on the ice.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Tonia said...

The little sheep is perky this morning. I did the Coffee/molasses stuff and I also gave him Fast track which is like probios. He did get a little colostrum from the mom before he got chilled. He has ate about 4 ounces of the fake colostrum this morning. He may just make it.
As for the ice where we were walking its froze all the way to the bottom of the pond. Its shallow where Hubby was standing and the end I was on is less than a foot deep right now. So no danger. The ideal for the pond and ice skating is the temps have to stay below freezing for a month then you can ice skate the whole pond. But its just been that way for a few days so we stick to the shallow edge.

Evelyn Hansen said...

OMG! The ice is that thick! Ice skating is the first thing I thought of! Was the poor wild duck still alive? I've heard of water fowl getting frozen in water that did live & flew away. I don't know why but the farm doesn't often get wild ducks.
You say that the ducks & pigeons are at the other end of the pond. What are they eating & the pigeons are out w/ the ducks?
Those lambs are so dear. One of them didn't move between the 2 pix! Just standing all hunched up. The other 3 are sure robust looking tho!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Tonia said...

The wild duck was dead. The ducks and pigeons are eating the poultry grains they get everyday in the cold. It helps keep them warm in this weather. The pigeons roost in a tree by the house. They clean up what the ducks miss.
The lambs were less than an hour old in those pics and were a little cold. But warm and fluffy now. None of them had actually moved much just mommas were pushing them around some and still cleaning. They were moving much better this morning. But it is soooo cold and its starting to rain now and its freezing rain.. Yeah!! I t was suppose to get to 32* or 36* But not yet it hasnt and the wind is pretty rough!

Hot Belly Mama - easing into it said...

absolutely beautiful! thank you for sharing with us!

tree ocean said...

Great pix -I thought of iceskating too! Also cold here and light snow but supposed to warm up-promises, promises LOL.

Wishing you and yours a terrific Christmas!

PS I have been having trouble making comments on your blog-still following it daily! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi! I like the picture of the air bubbles too!
Well im a kid so i guess its ok to be easily amused, But that's besides the point! ;p
- Kelly :D