Thursday, October 16, 2008

When I think I can do it all......










Something laughs at me and says No you cant!!! LOL I thought that the butchering chickens wouldn't be to hard since when we did it with 3 people that we got 30 done in about 3 hours!!....LOL yeah right! I had help just not hubby who can skin 2 to me gutting 1! I was doing the skinning and it was taking me to loooong to do one!LOL I got a total of 25 done in 2 days.... Yep 2 days! I was like wow he makes it look so easy! Also don't judge the looks of the chopped up skinned chicken!! LOL they don't all look like that! I did find that the big Rhode Island Red roos skinned easier and were at least a pound more then the Jersey giants. They also didn't have a ton of little black feathers stuck to them... They are now aging in the frig and will go in the freezer tomorrow...


So then yesterday we had to go about 2and a half hours away for a doctors appointment for one of the girls. We also had a field trip to the state capital since we had to go through there to get to the doctor. On the way home we stopped at the grocery store and the girls and Kyle rescued a kitten while I was inside... They hid it when I got in the car and was waiting for it to make noise to tell me. It wasn't making noise before they got the giggles and told me... he is only about 6 weeks old and has been deflea'd, dewormed and fed... And has made himself at home!! He wont be able to be a house cat though as I am allergic to them and they make me sneeze if around them to much.. But hopefully he will make a good barn cat once he gets healthy and goes back outside.

Here we are in a family self portrait! LO I set the camera up on my purse and took the pic... That is why its at that angle!! All the various new animals are doing good. Little ducks cant fit through the wire and are outside now! Good thing they don't do enclosures very well! STINKY! Little pig is doing good and follows me if I am out in the pen. I need to get the Solar Electric fencer and get him set up for a new pen.

I now have to get going and will be back later! Have a great day all!

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

That's a great photo! When taking a portrait shot (of people), you should be at their waist or lower. That's why you might remember oldtime photographers (who cared about what they were doing) would always kneel down to get the shot. I'm glad it rained yesterday, so DH could go w/ you!

That lil' kitten looks so content, you're going to have a heck of a time getting him outta the house. That's why J said she left them in the mudroom, so she could get them back outside.
Those look like great chix! We did 40 in those 3 hours; and it was you & your DH doing the work! He's gotta get to work on that chicken plucker!!!
Have a great day!

Pine Pod Farm said...

Lovely family portrait!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog this evening. Great pictures!