Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hard Frost....

This is pics of the frost the other morning. It got down to 25* that night. I took the pictures from my front window.. While drinking Coffee!!! lol Much better then being out there. Even though it will get much colder and we will have to be out in it.. But that's part of farming in Missouri. I am just glad we don't get piles of snow and have to wade through it like they do up north.. We get some snow but not several feet at a time!!



Here is momma and baby again. I have to get her separate from the bull and she gets pretty upset every time I get a little to close. So I have to figure out how to get him through the gate with out her making a run for it. I am not touching baby either!! Oh its a she!! I had it in here that I thought it was a boy but its not!! Its a heifer!!!And here are the ducks again....lol They are just so Photogenic!!lol I will have pics of other things for tomorrow. Like the pigs, the lamb and whatever else catches my eye this afternoon....

Have a wonderful day. Its suppose to get up to 70* here today.....


3 comments:

Evelyn said...

So, we have a Milkshake instead of a Tri-tip! Interesting... last year this cow gave us our only heifer. I hope it's the same this year. Last year we only had 3 babies, hopefully this year we get 7 babies and this is our only heifer.
Great pix of the ducks! I'm glad their getting along so well. I was worried that the big ones might pick on the little uns.
That frst looks cold!!! If I had the house, your woodstove & that huge pix window... it might not be so bad. But, oh man... I'd want to be inside!!!

Strange thing about the blog site, not all the pix in your post showed up & the verification word below doesn't show now! I wonder if they updated the site software... that doesn't always go as planed! :) I'm also not sure how I'm going to get this to post. This'll be fun!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

First and foremost, haha it's a girl. ( I say that with laughter, no disrespect) I'm so excited. Please name her Milkshake, then I can always say , I named a cow in Missouri:)Now let me say to Tonia, Lucky! $1.99 a gallon. I'm jealous.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

$1.93, and I bet it just keeps going down:)) I hope it stays that way and this dip has nothing to do with the sad election