Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yeah For Tuesday!!!


Got up early this morning!!It was dark still and foggy! I love the way the fog rolls in from the holler here... Its very pretty and soothing first thing in the morning. I could sit in my big puffy recliner in front of the Huge window, drink coffee and watch the fog roll through... Of course then it makes me drowsy and I have a tendency to fall asleep!!

Picture is Shammy the horse that started my morning yesterday!!! Ornery thing!!! He knew better to because when he came back yesterday afternoon and I opened the door he tried to run where I couldn't see him. When I said his name he ducked his head down.. He is quite the character!! As you can see he has also tangled with the Burdock burrs!!! And why he would eat rocks who knows!! LOL Maybe he is lacking something!!

I have a limping goat still so I soaked a rag in Epsom salt, Lavender and a few other things and wrapped it I am going to try and do that a few times today and see if that helps. It doesn't seem to be hurt more then maybe twisted. I have caught the horses a few times running the goats!! I guess they think goats aren't worth their time except to torment!

We put more hay in the chicken pen. All that the goats and sheep had picked through in the barn during the rain and maybe if my oldest quites flooding it wont be so wet!! But the chickens are happily picking through the hay!! Scratching around and clucking among themselves!! I cant wait for the herd of roosters(we call them the Network!!) to go to the freezers so I can let them out all the time. I really cant wait to get their new home on wheels done so they can live the life of Luxury!!! LOL It will have lights and everything!!

I have a personal pet peeve with people.. If you know you cant afford Why WHY? do you buy it....LOL that's all I am going to say...

I was rereading the raw milk laws for Missouri I found out I am doing everything legal!!! I can take milk to people or they can come here but I cant sell it wholesale... So That is good to know! I was okay! I guess I just read it wrong before....

I let the pigs out today into a different corral as they have ate so much down in the first... Well of course you know they don't want to stay there!! They found first available hole and Out they go into the yard.. we put them back and in less then an hour they are back in the yard so I have put them in a different paddock and will go out and find their hole and secure it!! There is much to be eaten! They aren't going to starve anytime soon! Its been beautiful weather lately Perfect if you ask me not so hot you want stand in front of the A/C all day and do nothing and not so cool you have to wear shoes(yes I'm a hillbilly and shuck my shoes every chance I get). Its been 70's-low 80's and 50-60* at night... Real good weather for anything!! That's it for now.........

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Shammy is a pretty boy, but he sure IS a bad boy! Horses are in general I find! If only I'd known!
You say your oldest is flooding???? You mean she pees too much on the hay? What would cause that? Low Sodium levels?
I love fog too. I've seen it roll in so quick, coming down the hollow that it scared me! Like there was a big fog machine up a ways! Made me think of a lot of SciFi movies I've seen & me alone, at night... in a house w/ no furniture!!! :O

Tonia said...

Its THE FOG!!!.....
Geez no matter how hard I try I always leave out a word or two!! I know you know what I meant!! LOL She is flooding the chicken pen Because she turns the water on and leaves it running in the water pans and lets it overflow which is okay Some but not why she is feeding dogs and playing around and what ever else she is suppose to be doing!! We had a talk about it today! Of course when the chickens get the eggs all muddy from here letting it flood the pen she has to clean the eggs!!