Thursday, September 25, 2008

Busy Weekend Ahead.......


We are having a yard sale for the next 2 days.... I should have just freecycled or cheacycled the stuff!!! LOL Just kidding its not been bad. My SIL is moving too so she has brought stuff over too. She is one of those people that REALLY cleans stuff out.. I hold on for a little bit because who knows I may use that... In a few years!! My Twin DD's also have a birthday this weekend!!

Anyways to answer the ?? about the goat with the broke leg it was splinted for 3 weeks till he kept peeling off the duct tape so now I'm just wrapping it with a rag soaked in Lavender,wintergreen and epsom salt water. Its not really swollen like puffy squishy swollen but just enlarged. SO I have been wrapping it and then securing with more duct tape I am cutting it off every morning and replacing it with new stuff. I wish I had some Comfrey to use I am going to have to order some it would just be to useful to have around! He is using it though and runs real well too!!! LOL

The second goat with a hurt foot /hoof is one of my milker's Sunshine. The night the horses got into the U they caused all kinds of Chaos including freaking out my milk girls! I think she just maybe sprained her hoof. It was swollen and she was limping but it is looking better also. Of course any stress, she loses weight and it made her look real rough for a day or two. But she is better. That is her in the pic and you can see Cayenne in the background well at least part o him.. He was named Cayenne as in Cayenne Peppers.... He is a boy and all boys that aren't used for breeding go for meat so they get food names to adjust them to their lot in life!!! This year we have had Cheddar, Shrimp, Pepperoni, Onion, Garlic, Cayenne,There was also a Tarragon and Curry but they were my friend's goats. I sold Shrimp and Cheddar and traded 2 others for a buck and then when we moved her I didn't need him and sold him with a bunch of my baby girl goats... Here at the farm headed for the freezer is Chocolate. The sheep are hard to tell apart and they haven't been named as of yet!!
Well its late And I have to get up bright and early to start the yard sale...

2 comments:

Pine Pod Farm said...

It sounds like a busy weekend but a fun one, LOL!

Evelyn said...

Have a good sale.
Sending lots of "no rain" vibes your way!